FLSA Status: Covered
Date Approved: 8/23/2023
Reports to: Services Director
This is a responsible position providing outreach services for the Bay Area First Step’s PRIME+ program in cooperation with the Services Director and other staff. Located in Coos County, OR, BAFS operates outpatient substance use disorder treatment and outreach, emergency, transitional, and permanent supportive housing programs, supporting persons with mental health and substance use disorders. This job description does not list all duties required. You may be asked to perform other duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand and adhere to all BAFS policies and procedures. Be proficient to discuss and clarify policies for clients and other staff members. Notify the Services Director of all policy violations.
- Develop positive relationships with clients and potential clients.
- Be familiar with the available resources.
- Responsible for tracking services and accurately entering data and preparing required reports.
- Meet with clients individually and in groups for the purposes of providing recovery support services.
- Provide clients with harm reduction services and harm reduction education.
- Engage clients through fixed site and direct street outreach.
- Perform rapid HCV antibody testing.
- Accompany clients to labs for follow-up HCV testing.
- Assist clients with telehealth HCV provider appointments.
- Coordinate syphilis treatment with local providers and public health.
- Travel to Curry county on a weekly basis.
- Work outside of normal business hours.
- Serve as a role model, encouraging participation in the recovery, nutrition, fitness, tobacco cessation, and other healthy activities.
- Operate BAFS vehicles for work-related purposes.
- Attend mutual support group meetings with clients as directed.
- Run errands as directed (shopping, supplies, fuel, etc.).
- Update van logs daily.
- Keep vans clean inside and out.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Help maintain a professional presence in person, on the phone, and on web and social networking sites.
- Report all safety issues to the Executive Director immediately.
- Coordinate with the Finance Director to prepare required grants and reports.
- Schedule monthly supervision appointments with the Services Director.
- Participate in appropriate training.
- Other duties as assigned by the Services Director.
- Must be professional and discreet with sensitive and confidential information concerning clients and the organization.
- Actively works to support the goals of BAFS and create a mutually supportive work environment.
- Communicates personal goals and concerns with a positive, problem-resolution approach.
- Exercises active listening when other staff share goals and concerns.
- Discusses problems and concerns with fellow team members before discussing with others.
- When circumstances and priorities change, is willing to renegotiate assignments and deadlines.
- Effective while working independently with minimal supervision.
- Must possess and utilize problem-solving skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to set an example for other employees and residents in the area of BAFS mission, vision, and values.
- Servant leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication.
- Ability to efficiently use a search engine to locate information and resources from the Internet.
Training & Experience Requirements
- Experience providing counseling and/or client support services preferred.
- High School Graduation or GED preferred.
- Possess or obtain any of the following certifications: Peer Support Specialist – Adult Addictions – CRM or Peer Wellness Specialist – Adult Addictions – PWS within 90 days of employment.
- Valid Oregon driver’s license required.
Additional Conditions of Employment:
- To ensure job performance is not compromised, certified recovery mentor’s outside employment is limited and must be approved by the Executive Director.
- All time off or extended times away from work must first be approved by the Services Director.
Email [email protected] with a copy of your resume.